Pell Grant Restrictions
The Fed Pell Grant Program is not open to everyone in the united states. There are restrictions on the Pell Grant Program.
- You cannot receive the grant for over one college at a time. This is the condition of all financial support also.
- You cannot have a past Pell Grant Overpayment or Fed Stafford Loan in default.
- You must be in an undergrad program and you can’t already have a 4 year degree or higher.
- You cannot be locked up in a state or Fed. penal institution.
- You need to be in a degree seeking eligible program. This means that you can’t go and take underwater basket weaving and gymnasium class and expect to get the Pell Grant.
- You have to not already be receiving a full grant or already have your school paid for 100% by a scholarship.This sometimes implies that if you were awarded a massive presidential grant and your college is already 100% paid for, you wouldn’t get the full Pell Grant as there would be little need for it according to the school .
- You have to be fulfilling the school’s OK academic progress policy.